Trent Valley GeoArchaeology
This English Heritage
funded project, based at
York Archaeological Trust,
has developed a linked series information and materials to educate
quarry managers and workers about the positive side of archaeology, and
how it can be integrated into their day to day work.
Download a copy of the book
Making Archaeology Matter: Quarrying and Archaeology in the Trent Valley
[4mb Adobe pdf]
Trent Valley Landscapes
by David Knight and Andy J. Howard with
contributions by Lee Elliott, Howard Jones, Ruth Leary and Peter
This volume provides a synthesis of landscape change in the
Trent Valley from the arrival of the first hunter gatherer
communities to the end of the medieval period. Contents include:
The volume is available from Oxbow Books for £9.95 plus postage.
- The Pleistocene background: Andy Howard and David
- Mesolithic hunter-gatherers: Andy Howard and David
- From Neolithic to Early Bronze Age: the first
agricultural landscapes: David Knight and Andy Howard.
- The later Bronze and Iron Ages: towards an enclosed
landscape: David Knight and Andy Howard.
- The Romano-British Landscape: David Kinght, Andy Howard
and Ruth Leary.
- The Medieval Landscapes: Lee Elliott, Howard Jones and
Or order on-line from